If you love elephants, raise your hand!
How about elephantjournal.com?! What’s not to love about a guide to the mindful life: yoga, organics, sustainability, genuine spirituality, conscious consumerism, fair fashion, the contemplative arts… anything that helps us to live a good life that also happens to be good for others, and our planet. Independent journalism at its best. Indie media that is difficult to sustain because it’s, well, independent. Without big corporate sponsors, publications like elephant need a little help from their readers and small businesses alike.
SIDE NOTE: An elephant reader for a year, I’m now a columnist able to unload the non-eco related stuff that would otherwise thud around in my skull. (You can check out my work here).
Help keep elephant off the endangered indie media list.
Please join elephantjournal.com. Show your love. $1 per month would help enable it to stand on its own four legs as one of the few sources of independent journalism in new media today. It’s doing well and getting pretty big, but readers still read for free. Even $1/month is a huge help, symbolically—we’re at $2,900/month in support and want to get to $5,000, then we can really start paying something to columnists like myself. Think about it and let me know if you join, so I can let elephant know that my reader and friend community is supporting a bit. Go to http://www.elephantjournal.com/member.
Chance to win an organic eletote.
More about elephantjournal:
- 292,000 unique monthly visitors and climbing
- Treehugger recognized elephantjournal.com’s founder, Waylon Lewis as the best of green ambassador of environmental culture 2010.
- Best of many top 10’s
Give a little more love.
- For $9/month you can get your name, business or fave non-profit up on their site with a link. Sign up here.
- Spread the word. Click “like” at the top of the page. Share on facebook.
- If you’re on twitter, please tweet: I Ⓛⓞⓥⓔ @elephantjournal. Help make it sustainable. http://bit.ly/c2HBot @LeoDiCaprio @oprah @AliciaSilv @algore @edbegleyjr [or insert your own twitter friends]
- Become an elephant facebook fan and invite your friends.
Elephant’s founder, Waylon Lewis, is a very cool dude with an elephant-sized heart. Elephant’s content is rich and fun to read. Check it out for yourself at elephantjournal.com. You’ll thank me.