- Less than 1% of the world’s fresh water is readily accessible for direct human use
- 884 MILLION people lack access to safe water supplies–roughly one in eight people.
- 3.575 MILLION people die each year from water-related disease
- 84% of water-related deaths are children ages 0-14.
- A child dies every 15 seconds from (more…)
What is this toilet talk? you ask. Believe me, there’s a lot of facts about toilets worth talking about. You’ll find out why in a moment. Hey! No reading ahead.
- The average person spends three years of their life going to the toilet (more…)
Filed under: environment, health + safety, sustainability, water related issues | Tagged: children, clean water, developing countries, diarrhea, environment, government, health + safety, human rights, kids, natural resources, politics, poor, poverty, safe water, sanitation, toilets, water, world toilet day, world water crisis | 4 Comments »